Many remote sites, numerous companies and numerous communities around the world rely solely on diesel generators as their primary energy source. Diesel generators are increasingly less attractive to operate because:
- Rising fuel costs – fuel prices have risen significantly during the last few years and there is a strong chance prices will continue to rise.
- Transportation costs – depending on how remote a site might be the cost of transporting fuel to the site may be prohibitive.
- Noisy operation – depending on the site installation, the constant noise of a diesel generator may be an unwelcome addition to the area.
- Pollution – the burning of diesel fuel, which is a fossil fuel, creates greenhouse gas emissions
- Maintenance costs – diesel engines can be expensive to maintain.
EnShift’s diesel assist solution uses either solar, wind or both in combination with an already existing diesel generation power plant. This set-up benefits the site by:
- Reducing fuel use – with increased dependence on renewable energy generation diesel fuel consumption drops, thereby reducing annual diesel expenses.
- Reduced fuel transportation cost – with less diesel required expensive fuel transportation costs are reduced
For more information, contact EnShift